Wayne can't stay out of trouble

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by PookieSoup, Dec 9, 2008.

?

How many times have you been rear-ended?

1. 1

12 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. 2

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. 3

3 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  5. 5 or more

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. 0, Knock on wood!

28 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. PookieSoup

PookieSoup Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if they has already been posted (don't see it anywhere), but Wayne left me a voicemail. He was in stop and crawl traffic in Arizona, and got rear ended in the HCH II.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  2. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

BUMMER! I just talked to Wayne and he's o.k. but the HCHII is dead! He was in a 5 to 10 mph stop and crawl on the interstate and was hit from the rear by a Ford SUV with brush guard at an estimated 30 mph. The rear trunk on the HCHII is about 1/2 the size that it was. Totally smashed in with major damage no doubt! He's getting a ride back to his hotel in Phoenix now.

3. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

Damn, another one bites the dust.
    I'm glad to hear Wane is doing fine, and that the Hondas are holding up against large vehicles too. Hopefully if there was a data-logger it is still functional.

4. msirach

His pic message came through about 10 minutes after he sent it.

Rear of an 09 Honda Civic Hybrid that just set the new Guinness World Book of Records mark for a Contiguous trip through 48 states with a stellar 68.54 mpg. This is the thanks it received by a resident of Arizona!

[​IMG]

The lady driver said she was distracted by an eyelash in her eye!

5. sno779

sno779 Well-Known Member

Let me know if I can help. I'm in the Phoenix area.....Louis

6. Kacey Green

good grief, I've had all kinds of things in my eye distract me, as a contact lens wearer the first thing I do is get to a restroom where I can correct the situation, well the second. First thing is to get to a safe stop and use any available mirrored surface.

With two eyes one with debris and a little will power its pretty easy not to run into stuff.

7. msirach

He thinks that she was texting which would be a good guess.

8. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Obviously at a loss for many words, but just disgusted at the zombie drivers we have to put up with.

Actually, I'm suprized I have not had one of these lately (NO, I'm not asking for one! :eek: )

Should be a clear cut case, but I hope Honda does not have to pay a dime.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  9. msirach

Wayne said it should be cut and dried. The lady got a ticket and the report states traffic conditions at 5>10 mph and her speed at 30 mph.

10. fuzzy

fuzzy Mild hypermiler

Poll: I marked 5 times. All but one while waiting at stop lights and signs.

11. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I originally said I was rear-ended 3 times in my life, but then realized that was not counting the time the CRX was killed (then got my Insight) :eek:

12. Kacey Green

This was Wayne's idea BTW:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What is this guy up to?

[​IMG]

13. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Yeah, rear-enders happen all the time. :(

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/f95iO6fuF6s&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

14. Kacey Green

My prayers for Mrs. Gerdes, she was in the back seat at the time and says here neck is sore, hopefully it turns out to be perfectly fine in the morning.

15. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

Yes - she does not need any more grief from this ordeal.

16. msirach

Wow! I didn't know she was there! She's on the list!

17. CitrusInsighter

CitrusInsighter Well-Known Member

I just got the picture message on my phone and rushed right over here. I do hope Marian is ok since she was in the back where I spend thousands of miles of safe sleeping.

It looks like Honda can't leave us with an HCH for any amount of time from 14 hours last time to 20 days for this one. At least we're varying the parts we get smashed!

18. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Wow, two crumpled HCHII's in three weeks. I hope both Wayne and his wife are doing alright.

19. basjoos

basjoos Well-Known Member

What caused the HCHII to die from from this accident. It looks like just a big dent in the center of the trunk. What made it un-drivable?

20. bestmapman

bestmapman Fighting untruth and misinformation

WOW, Glad to hear Wayne and Mrs. are OK.