The most fuel-efficient cars that CR has tested

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by tigerhonaker, Feb 22, 2006.

1. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

2. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

I think that CR attaches one of those UHaul trailers to each car before testing. That would explain the results.

3. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

....either that, or the testers might not be legally old enough to drive.

4. tigerhonaker

I told you all that you would be surprised. :rolleyes:

I certainly was.:eek:

Terry

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tiger:

___We have been discussing CR’s FE results for what seems like forever and to this day, I cannot figure out for the life of me how CR’s can actually achieve a lousy 26 mpg city rating in an 03 HCH-I? I think they nailed a 27 mpg city rating with the HCH-II? One of the reasons I wanted to start this site was to add a counterpoint to CR’s and the Car Mag’s horrendous FE averages. I mean who drives there car from 0 - 60 in the shortest amount of time anyway? Secondly, who cares how fast you can get to 60 when instead some here could receive 60 - 70 + mpg’s over a lifetime in one ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. tigerhonaker

xcel;

I think and I hope You and Tom both agree with me that Threads like this are really important. Reason:

So that the Real Owners of all these vehicles can see that the real world FE (Fuel Economy) that is Posted in Magazines like CR (Consumer Reports) is not always the {Gospel}.

I got better mileage than they did with my normal Gas 2005 Civic, that I traded in on the HCH II.

I think this gives the Public something to think about when they are going to see the real world results of members here with the exact same vehicles that Consumer Reports Posted their Fuel Economy results compared to Owners here and what they get.

Point; don't always believe what you read in a magazine: :mad:

Terry

7. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Terry:

___Tom and I plan on using those paltry at best - achieved averages against the mass media outlets including CR’s in the not to distant future … We will show the CR’s and Car & Driver averages of the world vs. our own just in case someone thought those publications results are the cold hard facts! Each and every member here already knows those averages are not even close ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

8. tigerhonaker

Exactly, My Very Point, :D

Terry