My car is hemoraging fuel

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by tbaleno, Feb 22, 2006.

1. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Okay, maybe its not that bad and maybe its not my car.

Well, the rental I am in (see my Ouch thread) is a sentra. I got it because I wanted a small car because I knew I was in for fuel shock and I wanted to lessen it as much as possible. Well, I'm still in shock. 20 miles and it ate about 1/8th of a tank. GULP. How will I make it through the week in this guzzler. Maybe we can start a support group for people with rentals?

I would do FAS's but this car takes like 5 seconds to turn over and start. I MISS MY car :(

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___From worse to worser :D

___That is too bad about its start time because that is about all you have with the Sentra. It is not the fuel efficient to begin with and god knows how the tranny acts when putting her through the wringer? Unless you filled it when you picked it up, you really don’t know how it is performing in the FE department. Press up those tires and let us know its capabilities as it may be a forbearer to the Versa we will review in a few months time.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

It works okay shifting to neutral and back into gear. (its an auto btw). I'm not going to put air in the tires I'm just to lazy.

We will see how it goes over time, but 1/8 to 1/4 in just over 20 miles? Depressing.

4. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Tom;

I think I can Really add some Positive thoughts to your situation. :)

Just think how Great it is going to be when you get back your {Tried & Trusted} HCH I. :D You will be like a Kid at Christmas time, just waiting to get at those gifts under the Christmas Tree. So with that thought I will sign off from here now. I really feel good about this situation now that I have had the Golden opportunity to Brighten :rolleyes: up your day and this situation. :cool:

Terry