Some days you just can't win :(

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by xcel, May 21, 2006.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

___Heading into work I travel SW. I had winds out of the SSW at 10 - 14 mph. At least the temperatures were decent at 71 - 74 degrees F. Going home in the morning I see a forecast 54 - 58 degree temps with a wind from the NNE at 10 - 11 mph. Guess which way I am headed?

___Ever hear of the phrase “uphill both ways”? Another day, another struggle ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

2. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

I often have the same scenario where the wind changes direction during the day while I am at work. Luckily most of my drive is on roads that are sheltered from the wind for the most part.

3. lakedude

lakedude Well-Known Member

I've got several huge advantages for hypermiling including an evening shift job and a route that I can go 40mph most of way.

The one big disadvantage is the wind. It is usually strong and in my face going to work during the afternoon but by the time I go home the wind dies down so I don't get much of a boost going home. I figure the net result is like driving into about a 7mph headwind all the time.

If I lived on the other side of work you guys would be calling me a liar because my mileage would be so high!