My pride is at stake this weekend

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by brick, May 12, 2006.

1. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

This is going to be one hell of a test tonight! I'm driving a 100-ish mile segment this evening in my girlfriend's car ('04 XC70). Not only is this thing heavy and inefficient to begin with, but it's going to be loaded to the gills and driven through the pouring rain at highway speeds. I'm looking at it as an entertaining challenge but there is really no telling how this will go. EPA highway is 24mpg. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it!

2. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Good luck.

I think half the country knows what you are feeling. In chicago my numbers have been almost winter like. Wayne and Dan are barely hitting 70 in their competiton. Its been a sad couple of days with rain and temps droping and it doesn't look like its going to get better for a few more days.

3. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

This weather is killing me. That trip ended up at 28mpg even througn non-stop downpours. Not bad considering the car, but I was trying for better. Oh well.

4. johnf514

johnf514 Zoom? Try Glide!

Come to FL! Hot sun, little-no rain (contributing to our brush-fire problem). Great for FE though! :D