My first big tank

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by Sledge, May 4, 2006.

1. Sledge

Sledge I like owls with captions

Finally I got a nice 2.5 week string of high temps and good traffic, earning me a nice, round 55.5 mpg. Gimme five, daddio! :p

http://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/car/1899.html

LMPG now up to 48 even. Give me two more tanks and I will be past EPA ratings into low hypermiler status. :D

I have a nice road trip coming up this weekend which should net me another 55+ tank.

EDIT: How do I put my old starting mileage in the database? It lets me put in a starting odometer reading but that's it.

EDIT2: Nevermind. I figured it out. I used a hack of a 3000+ mile tank over 60+ gallons. Who knew the car could hold so much? :D

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  2. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

Yozers it seems HCH II have been making comebacks lately congrats!

3. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Good Job!!!

And I thought I could best a HCHII with my EX... <grin>

4. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Work it Sledge! Keep the speeds down on your road trip. 60's for sure!

5. Sledge

I know but the trip as is will be over 4.5 hours. Slowing down will make it a little too long for me :p

6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Sledge:

___When on a long drive like that, a nice Enya or Amy Grant CD lowers my anxiety to a level where 55 mph seems just fast enough ;)

___Good Luck on your road trip and do not forget to become one with your iFCD!

___Wayne

7. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Hey, the sign says minimum speed 45mph. If theres nothing around you (and if you drive slow enough it happens more often then not ;) ) use it to your advantage. I had some good stints at 45 on the highway from chicago to kalamazoo going up some hills. Never once had anyone near me. I guess I got lucky. BTW, if anyone owns an F150 and was driving 55 in a 70 on 94(?) in MI thanks. You kept people off my tail for quite a while.

8. Sledge

I forgot to mention I'll be on back roads with a 50-55 mph max. I'm not going on I75. If I was, the trip would be around 3 hours. Besides, I'm taking a 1/2 day of vacation so I can enjoy the time.

I burned a few CDs of MP3's last night. I have Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring - The Complete Recordings, a few Andre Rieu live albums, and a few John Williams movie soundtracks. Nice calm stuff :D :D

9. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

Nothing like good road music. Good work on the tank and have a great trip.

10. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

hahah reminds me of "the hobbits are going to ... " trance song, was so funny....

oh here it is http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4705358960243147570&q=the+hobbits

i actually liked the song...

11. Sledge

To continue the LotR theme, I went "There And Back Again" :D

I had two days of diving at Gilboa Quarry. First day went great. :) Next day sucked. :(

Oh I forgot. This isn't CleanSCUBA. It's CleanMPG. Mileage? 55.7 :D Did the whole trip in only 9.2 gallons of gas.