Working on my PR tank...

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by Blake, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

Well I went to the gas station this morning to fill up before I headed out to VA for a day trip and I was quite sad with the milage I had for the fillup (59mpg)...

I took a day trip to the beach the week before and the combination of a strong headwind and high highway speeds lead to the low tank average :(

Anyway, I mapquested the shortest route to danville (which was mostly rural roads with a short stint through a major city full of stop lights) and set off on my trip.

I started to get excited as the trip was going along as the tank was averaging close to 70mpg (only using DWL) but I didn't want to get to optimistic until the trip back home. When I got home I was quite pleased with the results... I'll let the picture speak for itself...

[​IMG]

That is without a doubt the best start to a tank I've ever had. I just hope I can keep it up.

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Cary:

___You are doing great and keep it up! With a brand new 06, you have a lot more to look forward too ;)

___Good Luck and congrats on the nice start!

___Wayne

3. Blake

Blake Well-Known Member

I can only hope things keep going well. I've been doing little things here and there to try to improve my MPG. I'm actually sort of upset that when I got my car (bought it used) the dealer did not put on the OEM tires.

It does have SP20 FE tires, but from what I've read the OEM 165 width tires are the best for the car in terms of MPG.

I have all new fluids waiting to be installed and I just got my block heater that needs to be installed. I'm sure that will help things out alot since my daily commute is only ~3-4 miles to work and the engine really never has time to get up to temperature.

Also, My car doesn't seem to glide quite as well as I imagine it should. I probably need to get the alignment checked as the tire pressures are at the max the sidewall says, so tire pressure isn't the problem.