SoCal Hybrid Event

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by billy, Apr 28, 2006.

1. billy

billy Well-Known Member

Anyone in SoCal or AZ is welcome to attend the gathering this Sunday (4-30-06) from 10am to 6pm at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Chino (Grand Ave) Many vehicles will be there, including folks from GreenHybrid and InsightCentral. We want to meet you and see your cars!.....

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Bill:

___Just a small item to add … I saw Mike Maline from the YaHoo - Ford Escape Hybrid group post a note that he will be there and welcome others to attend as well. The last post I saw on it showed something like 30 Hybrid’s which is pretty incredible for a meet! Hopefully some more FEH pilots will show up with his post over there.

___Good Luck with the meet and the Car Show the following week …

___Wayne

3. xcel

Hi All:

___I received a call from Billy a minute or two ago and the So. Cal Hybrid Group Meet is a smashing success! As of a few minutes ago (Bar10dah had just arrived from the Phoenix area with his AH), there were 13 Insights, 5 FEH’s, 5 Prius II’s, 3 HCH’s, and 1 AH with more yet to come. Although Bill does not have a camera with him, somebody there does and will be posting the Meet’s pic’s over at InsightCentral hopefully tonight!

___In either case, it sounds like a great meet with Mike Maline and his FEH, CalPod and his Insight, Billy and his Insight, and Bar10dah and his AH as just a few of the attendee’s that I know of or have met personally.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  4. bar10dah

bar10dah Member

Wow, I forgot all about this meet! I have about a 5 meg video of the event that I'd like to get out. I need to find a place to host it.

5. xcel

Hi Bar10dah:

___Tom can make that happen. Let me know and we will have a space ready for your vid post haste.

___Since I may not have the chance to meet you in person this year, I hope your vid includes a few seconds of you speaking with the rest of the South and Northwestern US hybrid contingent of Hyper-enthusiasts. There were a bunch of guys there I would have liked to meet in person including yourself!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. bar10dah

bar10dah Member

Coolness! Afterall, it's been nearly two months since the meet! I really need to get that vid up. I can't remember the limit at GH, but I couldn't upload it there. I also couldn't upload it to the Yahoo FEH site because they have a 2MB limit over there.

No, I didn't get any shots of myself. In fact, I started filming, but then got into checking out the cars, so I didn't shoot anymore. So, the video is pretty short.

I was hoping to make it to the Madison event, but since I've already gone up that way at the beginning of the month (family emergency), I don't think I'll be able to get up to your neck of the woods until next June. I'll be going to the WI Dells next year. Perhaps, there'll be another hybrid event in which we'll be able to meet sometime in the near future.

7. bar10dah

bar10dah Member

Wow! That's too cool! I just noticed keywords input onto this site links to the glossary! That's awesome!

8. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Give the upload a try in the gallery and see if it goes through.