Bought a new daily driver finally.

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by 08EscapeHybrid, Sep 29, 2019.

1. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

After my FEH was totaled this past spring, I've finally bought a new daily driver. A fairly well equipped 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI with 46,000 miles for $12k. The dealer had just received it, so they will have to recondition it, do the recall work, and whatever else the car needs before I take delivery. the 2 year unlimited mileage CPO warranty and the 11 year 120,000 mile emissions warranty make these some of the best backed vehicles in this price segment.

I told the salesman that I really didn't even need a test drive. With the CPO warranty, anything wrong would be fixed, and I told him about the trip Wayne and I made in a SportWagen TDI from Santa Monica to Bend, OR. Nobody has had a test drive like that... :)

Gord and BillLin like this.
  2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I've been looking hard at the VW Golf Sportwagen. That, and a used Honda Civic Hatch LX. The Civic has to be used to get the 6M. I understand that VW is discontinuing the Sportwagen and Alltrack. Figures. I guess I have unpopular tastes in cars and motorcycles.

Gord, 08EscapeHybrid and BillLin like this.
  3. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Nice! I agree the value proposition is solid on these, were I not in need of more of an actual poverty/beater car, it would probably be worth a look for my $$.

08EscapeHybrid and BillLin like this.