2017 Toyota Prius Prime Stars at the 2016 Environmental Media Awards

Discussion in 'In the News' started by xcel, Oct 20, 2016.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] The most efficient automobile represents the pinnacle of automotive environmental design.

[​IMG]Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG – Oct. 20, 2016

2017 Toyota Prius Prime PHEV-25 - $27,965 to start including the $865 D&H charge while offering 25 miles of all-electric range, a 55/53 mpgUS city/highway rating as a standard hybrid and a world beating 133 MPGe rating in blended Electric and Hybrid Electric mode.

2017 Toyota Prius Prime: Price + Content + Efficiency = WOW!!!

A straight up PR but this Saturday, Toyota and Lexus will celebrate 16 years of partnership with EMA at the 26th annual Environmental Media Awards at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank, Calif. The award ceremony honors film and television productions that communicate environmental messages in creative and influential ways. This year’s honorees include Jaden Smith, Shailene Woodley, Moby, Robyn O’Brien, and United Nations PRI as corporate responsibility award winner.

And the star of the show? The all-new 2017 Prius Prime as it is quite literally the ultimate in environmentally conscious transportation and the best Prius yet.

Lexus is also going to be there with three of their hybrid vehicles. The great looking all-new LC 500h flagship coupe features the world’s first Multi Stage Hybrid System, the next generation of hybrid powertrains specifically designed for performance vehicles. In addition, the GS 450h sport sedan and best-selling RX 450h midsize luxury utility vehicle further illustrate that there is a hybrid to suit anyone’s lifestyle.

2017 Lexus LC 500h

[​IMG]
    From the floor of the 2016 NYIAS.​

The H2 fueled Toyota Mirai is also joining the party. The Mirai combines H2 and O2 to produce electricity that can power the car for an estimated 312 miles on a single fill-up. Only thing out of the tailpipe is water vapor although producing H2 has its own GHG footprint.

2016 Toyota Mirai

[​IMG]

The Environmental Media Association (EMA), organizer and host of the awards, is a non-profit founded by Cindy and Alan Horn and Lyn and Norman Lear in 1989. EMA’s mission is to mobilize the entertainment industry in educating people about environmental issues. Toyota is a member of the EMA Corporate Board.

I sure hope some of the VIPs in attendance actually do buy the Prius Prime early next year vs. what most wealthy individuals drive…

TheFordFamily and BillLin like this.
  2. thunderstruck

thunderstruck Super Moderator

And I sure hope for buyers the Prime is available before the end of the year so you don't have to wait over a year for the federal tax credit. My dealer doesn't have any idea about ETA. I know they get inside info about delivery so they are properly prepared, but he swore I know as much as he does. I'm still enjoying the heck out of my 2016 however.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    BillLin and xcel like this.
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait Well-Known Member

If bought at the beginning of the year, you can adjust your withholding amount to get the tax credit back before filing for 2017.

ksstathead, xcel and BillLin like this.