Rats! Lowest tank in years

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by some_other_dave, Apr 12, 2015.

1. some_other_dave

some_other_dave Well-Known Member

Just got the lowest tank since January 2013. :( I didn't quite get to 500 miles on the tank, either--but I did have more than enough fuel to do so if I hadn't taken the opportunity to fill up.

I think it's time to check my tire pressures again. Possibly time to replace the spark plugs.

I do know that I drove worse this tank, but I'm not sure if it was enough to cause this amount of a drop. There were several trips where I pushed up my maximum speed by 5-7 MPH, and I did drive one trip (of two or three) up the hill at "maximum fun" velocity.

Time to get my head back into the hypermiling zone again!

-soD

2. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

Yeah, it pisses me off when I have a bad tank too... I'm at the point where I need to do the plugs and transmission service on the FEH soon. I also probably need my alignment checked too. I'm not having any drivability problems or abnormal tire wear, but it has been about 40,000 miles since it was last aligned.

3. litesong

litesong litesong

The third worst condition for mpg is hard acceleration up hills. Second worst condition for mpg is hard acceleration up hills..... with the a/c on.