LRR Tires

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by HCH2007, Sep 9, 2014.

1. HCH2007

HCH2007 Journeyman Hypermiler

I am looking to buy LRR tires for my 2007 HCH, I need to find the best price I can as my income is limited because I'm on disability now. I have a Tire Kingdom, a Walmart Tire and Service, Discount Tire, Sears and Firestone. Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you,
    HCH2007

2. ksstathead

ksstathead Moderator

All 8 of the tires in my little fleet are Bridgestone Ecopia EP20, and I am very happy.
    These are new tires, but already rolling well, and I got about 65,000 out of a set of EP100's that came on the Prius without fully depleting the treads. the EP20's should wear longer.

When I replaced the EP100's, I used the local Firestone store, and was quite pleased with the service. They even inflated to max sidewall for me without a debate, and loaded the old tires in the car so my family can use on farm implements.

I'm not sure the price was the absolute lowest, but I do see $50 off coupons on a set. One can price shop on the web, and look for local coupons. I'd guess I could have saved $50, but am happy with what I did.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  3. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

yes i agree Ecopia ep 20. or walmart you could check out goodyear fuel max also very good lrr tires.h

4. 08EscapeHybrid

08EscapeHybrid Moderator

I have found that most shops will price match TireRack.com, provided you factor in the shipping costs into the total price.

5. schuylkill

schuylkill Well-Known Member

If you need tires on the cheap here's one I've heard good things about.

Fuzion Touring
    Tire Size: P195/65R15
    Part Number: 008535
    UTQG: 400 A A
    Service Description: 91H
    Load Range: B (4 Ply)

Sidewall: BW
    Warranty: 40000 mi

Features & Benefits:

TIED FOR #7 H-RATED PERFORMANCE ALL SEASON TIRE BY CONSUMER REPORTS
    Rated "Very Good" for Dry Braking, Ride Comfort, Rolling Resistance, and Tread Life
    Rated "Good" for Wet Braking, Handling, Hydroplaning, Ice Braking, and Noise
    A tremendous buy for the price, and a Tires Etc best seller

6. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Bridgestone Ecopia EP20 is the exclusive replacement tire I've put on our HCHII, still in the family. RR excellent right from installation.

7. rhwinger

rhwinger Well-Known Member

How are the Ecopia's on noise?

Thanks,

Bob

8. Harold

Harold Well-Known Member

Very quiet. Best I have had. This is my fifth set of LRR tires.H

9. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi HCH2007:

Tirerack is showing GoodYear Assurance FuelMax's at $89 per. Goodyear has a $10 rebate per tire from a Goodyear retailer.

Along with checking Sams, Walmart, Costco, and some of the local small tire shops, you should be able to pick up a set of Ecopia's or Assurance FuelMaxs mounted and balanced for < $400 all-in.

IHTHs?

Wayne

10. johnji

johnji Member

Hello, ksstathead - I,m looking to buy a new Model car, Looking to have your advice! what is the best car for me! with great Fuel consumption

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk 2010 Prius (CAN Touring) Staff Member

Very late response, but anyway: the Ecopia EP20 are a bit noisy, in my experience, I think more so when they're half-worn and onwards. Wasn't terrible though, just enough that I noticed, when swapping back to them from snow tires.

The RR is very good though, and right from the start, no "break-in period" required.