“Ride of the Week” - Mar. 31, 2007.

Discussion in 'My Ride' started by xcel, Mar 31, 2007.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

J.Palomino from the Chicagoland area and his new 2007 Yaris … Yet to be named.

[xfloat=right]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/546/JP_-_Behind_Front_Right_Corner_-_Ride_of_the_Week.jpg[/xfloat]Jesse Palomino - CleanMPG - Mar. 31, 2007

Here is my new "My Ride": 2007 Toyota Yaris hatchback w/ Auto.

This is my new Yaris! It was purchased at Thomas Toyota in Joliet for $12.5K which was $100 under invoice! Lift back with Auto, Cold weather package (Chicago-burrr!) and Convenience package including a rear window defroster, intermittent rear window wiper, AM/FM stereo with MP3/WMA playback capability, auxiliary audio jack and LCD display screen, single CD player and 4 speakers.

I am so happy to have gone from a gas-guzzling Ford F150 V8 to a much more reasonable form of transport. I am still breaking it in but having fun coasting to ever increasing distances. Many thanks to Wayne (Xcel) for his influence and info!

Jesse

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  2. roadrunner

roadrunner Well-Known Member

I think you will love the Yaris hatchback. I have now had my silver colored
    5 speed for 6 months. My mileage keeps getting better.
    I did the following to increase my mileage..................
    Increased the tire pressure to 44 lbs on 11/20/2006.
    Installed the Scangauge II on 11/16/2006. The Scangauge II is a must have.
    Installed a lower grill block on 11/17/2006.
    Installed Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic motor oil on 2/19/2007.
    Installed metal front tire spats on 3/25/2007.

3. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

Congratulations! Toyota can't be beat for reliability and the Yaris is hard to beat on non-hybrid fuel economy.

On my Blazing Blue 5-speed LB I run the RE92 tires at 60 PSI unless there's snow on the roads, in which case I use 44 PSI.

I also recommend a K&N air filter.

Hold off on synthetic motor oil until your first oil change at 5,000 miles.

I second the SG II. I still don't have mine yet but I have grand plans for it.

Cosmetically you may want to put about 4 coats (that's how many it takes to get it soaked in) of Armor All on the dashboard right away. The plastic is quite dry and will likely crack in the sun if left unattended.

Depending on your commute you may also want to go ahead and invest $15 in a touch-up paint pen from ExpressPaint.com. I get a new down-to-the-metal ding in the leading edge of my hood every week or two.

On a side note your jack is under the driver's seat. ;)

Just let me know if you have any questions or concerns with your Yairs in the future, and if you haven't already found it YarisWorld.com's forums are a great haunt..