Vws Jetta 2010

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by Valerie10, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Valerie10

Valerie10 New Member

Hi,

I have a VWS Jetta 2010 lately I noticed that the switch for the air pressure is on all the time. Therefore, I tried adding air to the tires but, it didn't seem to fix the issue. I Don't want to take it to the dealership because I will end up paying a lot of money.

Kindly appreciate your suggestions.

2. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Is the pressure you put in the tires adequate (at least what the placard says)? Also, are all tires within a few PSI of each other? If everything is ok with the tires then take it to the dealer, the car should be under warranty unless you have a lot of miles on it already.

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Super Moderator Staff Member

Is there a spare tire in the back with a pressure sensor in it? Is the tire pressure ok?

4. JonnyKid

JonnyKid Banned

Hello Valerie10,

I bought a VW Jetta 2010 about 8 months ago. Couple of weeks ago I had the same problem as you are describing. The air pressure switch came on and was quite disappointed at first since I have only had the car for 8 months. Than I took it to the gas station and pumped the tires as per the instruction of the car manual. Well that didn't fix it but I drove off.

Next time I went to fuel up I did check the tires again. I found out that the first air pressure sensor was way out. This time I got all the tires exactly the same pressure as this petrol station had a digital air pressure meter... The air switch on the dash went out and I am happy as Larry again :Banane17:

I have to say I love my Jetta.

5. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

Welcome to CleanMPG JonnyKid! Thanks for your helpful info.