This is fricken NUTS!

Discussion in 'Street and Performance Bikes' started by xcel, Oct 1, 2009.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG] Ryan Capes jumps his bike over...

[fflash=right]http://www.youtube.com/v/WDlcja1YCOw&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/fflash]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Oct. 1, 2009

Monster Energy Drink sponsored a unique type of bike ride held in Reno this past Tuesday. Reno’s Grand Sierra Resort’s massive parking was host to a huge crowd awaiting something that has never been done before. Not only did the participants see it, they got to see it twice!

What was it? A massive ramp covered with the Monster Energy logo and Ryan Capes attempting to set a world record for a ramp-to-ramp motorcycle jump.

On Ryan’s attempt, he cleared a record 287 feet, 35 feet further than the previous record set back in 1999. Once he heard the final distance, he told the crowd, “I promised my fans I was going to break the ramp-to-ramp world record and that I’d be the first guy to jump ramp-to-ramp 300 feet”.

After a delay for some bike adjustments, he went out and tried it again! This time he soared a mind boggling 316 feet in a spectacular high flying and fast leap of faith.

“I knew exactly when I came over that landing that I had it and I broke the record,” Capes said. “I put my hands up in the air and I was just super pumped.”

My helmets off to you Ryan...

2. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Amazing.....

3. BailOut

BailOut My favorite holiday is Earth Day!

The ramps he used were built a few days early, took several days to complete, and were right next to the main north-south highway that cuts through Reno. This caused many accidents due to gawking. :p I have to admit that it caught my attention as well as I'd never seen a ramp anywhere near that large before.

There was a 4 car fender bender there while on my way to pick up my Little Brother last Sunday morning.