April 29 - The next Madison Hybrid Group Meeting

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by ericbecky, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Madison Hybrid Group Meeting
    Saturday April 29, 2006
    10:00am - 11:30am

Culver's of Madison - Todd Drive
    2102 W. Beltline Hwy
    Madison, WI 53713

Agenda
    10:00 (10 min) Gather and informal discussion
    10:10 (5 min) Opening comments
    10:15 (20 min) Summer mileage
    10:35 (20 min) Hybridfest 2006
    11:55 (20 min) Hybrid Maintenance
    11:15 (15 min) Future topics/meetings/door prize

We will be in the meeting room near the back of the restaurant.
    Please post here or contact us with specific topics you would like to discuss.

For a map, go to the Culver's web site click on "Restaurant Locator" on the right hand column, and then type 53713 in the search field. This will bring up a link to the Location Map.

Returning members and new members are encouraged to attend.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2006
  2. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

I just updated the agenda to include the two additional topics:
    - Summer Mileage
    - Hybrid Maintenance

As always, if anyone has a topic they would like to discuss or present to the group, please let me know!

3. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

If I lived near you guys I would be there with a Hybrid teeshirt on. :)

4. dqdave

dqdave Member

:eek: Oh my god. This sounds like to much fun. Meeting other nuts like tiger before the high mileage season? I"m there.

5. tigerhonaker

Hi Dave;

Well I see you made it over here. :D Hey this looks like your 1st (Post). Do you see the Forum for (Introduction) ? :confused: Give everyone a little info. on your vehicle and yourself.

Thanks for dropping by here and I hope you will come back Again and Again.
    Love to see "Old-Friends" come by here.

Missed You;

Terry

6. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

dqdave,
    Sorry, we aren't meeting at a DQ, but I hope you find Culver's acceptable. :)

7. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to drive up there, but I don't think I'll do the drive this time around. I'm waiting for the brewers game for my next trip up for a hybrid meeting.

8. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___Although I could not say if I will be off or not, if I am, I would be game. I missed the last Milwaukee meet so I feel we kind of owe it to the Madisonite’s at least ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

9. xcel

Hi All:

___Another excellent meet to get together with old friends and meet new ones. I hope Justin was taking the meeting minutes because Tom and I arrived about an hour late. Whoops, somebody forgot to set their alarm is all ;)

___We had a new Prius owning couple who had a 57 mpg first tank from their brand new Prius II! Another Prius I owner is about to become a Prius II w/ NAVI owner and a third new owner/member was there to help with the details of the Prius II’s inner working’s. Smart young man if I do say so myself! Bradlee and Justin were there of course and Linda of Hybridfest 2006 fame showed up in her brand spanking new Formula Red Insight!

___Tom nailed down a 51.8 mpg segment out in his HCH-I while we were averaging darn near 70 mph! Can you tell someone was late? On the way home with a head wind, medium heavy rain, and 50 - 51 degree temps, he nailed down a solid 59.0 mpg as he pulled into my drive. I wish we could at least have have that drive out over again :(

___Justin should be along in short order to pass on even more details.

Madison Hybrid Group Meet - April 29, 2006 - Participants
    [​IMG]

Madison Hybrid Group Meet - April 29, 2006 - Participants
    [​IMG]

Prius I's and II's - Madison Hybrid Group Meet - April 29, 2006
    [​IMG]

Linda's 1 day old - Formula Red Insight w/ a CVT at Madison Hybrid Group Meet - April 29, 2006.
    [​IMG]

Insight's at the Madison Hybrid Group Meet - April 29, 2006.
    [​IMG]

___Good Luck

___Wayne

10. tigerhonaker

So your now saying that Tom's HCH I will do over 50 MPH? ;)

Not Bad at all for going 70 MPH. :)

Pretty New Insight I think. Red is in.

I did not see you in your Ball Cap?

11. xcel

Hi Terry:

___We might just have to get you up here for a Group Meet before Hybridfest! I know you would love it is just a good time all around.

___As for the ball cap, I was wearing my Powered by Honda hat which was a gift from Billy during Sebring last month. It’s a real nice hat too ;) Tom and I tried to bring you up to date while on our way home but your phone was turned off :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Last edited: Apr 30, 2006
  12. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Thanks for the updates.
    I was really bummed I could not make it, but I spent the morning coaching soccer and then spent the rest of the day installing a sink in Milwaukee. Just got back. Whew!

Linda, nice looking Insight! Bradlee and Justin, I always love to see the Citrus Insight!

I'll have to catch up with everyone later.

13. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Wayne and I had a great time. We missed most of the meeting because I woke up late, but we talked with Bradlee and others after the meeting for a good long time.