Value of '07 (late '06) Prius?

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Family' started by The Fridge, Oct 26, 2008.

1. The Fridge

The Fridge Well-Known Member

Just talked to my neighbor and - he doesn't like his Prius!!!?

Anyway, I said to him, that thing is probably still worth a good chunk, why not sell it....
    So can anyone give me a range of what this '07 model Prius bought in late '06 might be worth?

Thanks! - Joel

2. bomber991

bomber991 Well-Known Member

Seems like the price range would be the same as if it was brand new.

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Joel:

___With the economy being talked down to trash even when it is not completely broke just yet and gasoline falling to 2006 prices, I would wait a few weeks before making him an offer if you are looking to purchase it. When gas was $4.00 + and people were panicking, used Prius cost more than new ones as they were available for immediate delivery. Today, that is not exactly the case.

___If you are just looking for a Used car price, go to E-Bay and check out what the 07’s that actually sold went for, not the ones that did not sell. KBB Private Party (PP) is usually low on Prius’ as is Trade-in Value (TIV) but it’s a start. And tell him to get rid of it immediately if he is looking for the best price in the next two or three months. Gasoline futures for Dec. delivery are cheaper than Nov. and this will effect Used Prius values negatively let alone a shrinking economy.

___I would hate to price it as if gasoline was $4.00 per but if it were mine, I would certainly try for that?

___For those that are looking at a used hybrid for mostly highway travel, now would probably be a good time to start looking at 03 through 05 HCH-I’s with a stick as I suspect there will be some excellent bargains to be had between now and Christmas for that particular hybrid.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I have contacted a guy locally about his 05 HCH I 5-speed that he has for sale. 103,000 miles, pristine condition and light blue color. He is wanting to sell it to buy a new 09. Is anyone interested? He was wanting a little over $11,000 a week ago. He left me a voice mail yesterday.

5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

I wonder if he got the TC? Of course, that doesn't change what someone will pay for it, but it might change how readily he will let it go. I did get the TC in April 2006- I think it was full $3150 until at least Sept 2006- maybe all 2006?

If it is a base model it shouldn't be worth more than $20,000 now, and I would aim even lower(depending on how friendly you are).
    Like Wayne said-gas is waaaay down in price-the economy has tanked- not a good time to sell a $20,000 vehicle.
    Charlie

6. Kacey Green

Kacey Green Well-Known Member

We had a great deal on an '07 here and it sold in two days .