Time to create the difinitive hypermiling guide?

Discussion in 'Fuel Economy' started by tbaleno, Feb 28, 2006.

1. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

Wayne, you up for it? It would be nice if we can have a nice long post describing every tool available. I think you have done a few posts in the past maybe they can be consolidated and we can put a stick up in this forum we can point people too.

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tom:

___I am about 1/4 done w/ the PHEV article and then can work on the 1/2 finished Hypermiling article ... These 16 + hour days are killing me until this Friday :(

___Things to do? DBase, sigs, more news, avatars for individual forums, PHEV, Hypermiling, FTP75 and HWFET details, CARB vs. EPA emissions, Real world mpg's vs. the EPA, the media, and what is actually possible ... I know, I know, I need to get with it ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I told you this would be a lot of work ;)

4. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Wayne, you forgot a cure for cancer, world peace and the end to world hunger. OH, and cold fusion reactors for cars. Me first, me first!!!!:D

5. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

So, Wayne , what are you going to do in the (Afternoon) now that you have the "Morning" all committed. ? :rolleyes:

Just Wondered ?

Terry

6. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Tiger:

___I posted this morning’s posts at work before work started so it was a long day … Spent the rest of it inside this monster concrete structure called containment while at power. It was not a fun day :( Tap tap tap tap … tap tap tap on my keyboard trying to get a handle on today’s CleanMPG work to do.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

7. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Wayne;
    Alright, Big Guy hang in there. Don't let them get you down.;)

Terry

8. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Speaking of Hypermiling, the question of hypermiler status came up at gassavers.org. I passed on info from Wayne and gave the link to the GH hypermiling sticky.

http://www.gassavers.org/node/631#comment-5220

9. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Remember the Little Engine That Could?
    I think I can..I think I can... I think I can.... ;)

10. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

well what about us Canadians, we don't use miles ;)?

11. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Hyperkilometering is too hard to say. Maybe hypermetering. But that may be confused with someone that meters very well.;) ;:D