See Pics of (Tigers) 719.3 Miles Driven on 1-Tank of Gas:

Discussion in 'The Daily Grind' started by tigerhonaker, May 2, 2006.

1. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Hi Everyone;

If you own a Honda Civic hybrid, either the HCH I or the HCH II, have you gotten this kind of Mileage from 1-Tank of Gas?

This was done by driving on the Interstate at 55 MPH and then to work for 2-weeks and that is 6.0 miles one-way. Not exactly the ideal miles for FE. (Fuel Economy). Then I had the "Brilliant Idea" to drive the HCH II back to KY on the remaining fuel in tank. The tank was showing 5-White Bars. So I knew it would be close but I said to myself "Why not give it a try".

Now that did not work out and there is another Thread that explains that "Amusing Adventure".

http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666

However; I did drive this HCH II until it literally ran out of gas. Here is a picture of that Tank of Gas:
    Click on Pic. to Enlarge:
    [​IMG]

I have never owned a vehicle that you could drive {719.3 Miles} on {13.220 Gallons} of gas.

That gives you an actual MPG of: {54.41 MPG}

Now I don't know about you, but that is "Amazing Numbers to Me". What do you all think?

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. brick

brick Answers to "that guy."

Gets the thumbs up from me! Heck, I have a 17 gallon tank and I don't think I'd make it past 700mi right now even with the extra fuel capacity.

3. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Good job!!!

Ive only got one 600 mile tank in the EX.

4. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Good job!!!

Ive only got one 600 mile tank in the EX.

5. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Terry:

___Nice job on the tank yesterday!

___Now that you are in the initial stages of finding out what you and your HCH-II can really do together, let us not stop there and even consider improving upon it! 800 miles is not all that far away and with a 13 + gallon fill, that is just 61.x mpg. You can almost do that with your eyes closed now ;) After that, 900, and then the big 1,000! Just a little more practice and you are going to be right in the thick of it!

___Always pushing …

___Good Luck

___Wayne

6. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

sure tops out my 400 + mile score in the city with 11 gallons ;(

i tried to get a hchII! but i still have a civic. what a nice fuel sipper make that civic shine Tiger.

7. zadscmc

zadscmc Member

700 miles on a tank is no big deal. 800 is a big deal. In the summer months, if I don't get 700 miles on a tank, I am very disappointed (or my wife drove;) )

8. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

zadscmc, drive 6 mile trips and tell me that 700 mile tanks aren't a big deal. Each person has their own situation, so it may not be a big deal for you and your commute, but for terry's commute it is quite the challange.

9. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

I am just dying laughing here..... {Now} you really have my sympathy, Tiger.

10. tigerhonaker

You better "Hope" that (Tarabell) does not read your {or my wife drove;)} "Post". ;)

Vehicles: 04 HCH MT, 05 FEH 4WD

I think I am reading your "Vehicle" correct and it says you have a 2004 MT HCH I.

I think you would be quite surprised if you had a New HCH II with the CVT in it. Trust me that I so far have not read of one person that has driven one 719.3 Miles on a tank of gas. And I know for sure {No-One} has done it under the same conditions that I just did it in. So it may not be a "Big-Deal" to you but if you have a friend that has a HCH II see if he/she has driven it 719.3 Miles on a tank of gas. Trust me I doubt it.

Hey, I think I should let you know that we all have our opinions and I "Respect-Yours".
    So the information that I am giving you is nothing more than that. Not to be confused with an all out {Post-War}. As I said I really think you would find it interesting if you drove the HCH II compared to the HCH I with a manual trans. They are very different Hybrids.

Last comment: We want all New Comers to feel "Welcome-Here" so visit often and hope you will enjoy this Forum. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  11. tigerhonaker

Thanks tarabell; I really need that...... {Now} ;)

Xcel (Wayne) is a trip, is he not? :D

12. tarabell

tarabell Well-Known Member

Hey if he can stand hearing about my husband's hybrid incompetence, I can stand hearing about the wives'. Long as it's equal opportunity bitching

13. Don

Don Member

Tiger, Great job! Is your new HCH in the GH Database? I've enjoyed many of your posts. I live near Buffalo and currently have my best tank going (approx. 300 miles at 54.6 mpg) :D . The weather warmed up and I've been refining my driving techniques.
    Regards,

14. tigerhonaker

Hi Don,

I do-not have my MPG in the Data Base at GH. The reason is I for the most part play what I think is a Major Roll here on www.CleanMPG.com and that does not leave me but Very-Little time to Post in other Forums. I do try to get back to GH and Post when I can but it is less and less as time goes by.
    Nice to here from you and miss reading your Threads/Post. You will have to try to drop by here more often. :)

15. zadscmc

zadscmc Member

No matter what your commute is,

I can STILL be disappointed by getting than on a tank of gas in my car.

16. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I rarely go over 400 miles between fillups.

Anyway,

Congratulations!

17. tigerhonaker

Good point when you have that take on it. For you and your MPG It sounds like you would be disappointed.

We don't want that now do we??

So from me you get a Great-Big-Congrats on {Your} FE.