A food that you should avoid During CoViD-19

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dorean Clarke, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Active Member

1. When cooking and preparing food, limit the amount of salt and high-sodium condiments (e.g. soy sauce and fish sauce).

2. Limit your daily salt intake to less than 5 g (approximately 1 teaspoon) and use iodized salt.
    Avoid foods (e.g. snacks) that are high in salt and sugar.

3. Limit your intake of soft drinks or sodas and other drinks that are high in sugar (e.g. fruit juices, fruit juice concentrates and syrups, flavored milk, and yogurt drinks).

4. Choose fresh fruits instead of sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes, and chocolate.

BillLin likes this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait Well-Known Member

Are you trying to make the lock down worse?

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  3. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

This list sounds like something generally recommended and not COVID-19 related. If specific to COVID-19, then I would ask what makes these foods worse during COVID-19.

RedylC94 and EdwinTheMagnificent like this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait Well-Known Member

The worseness likely comes from being at home. For many that means easier access to junk food and less physical activity.

BillLin likes this.
  5. litesong

litesong litesong

1)......or run
    2)......or run
    3)......or run. If Hugh Hefner had halved his consumption of pop, he still would have drank 6(more?) pops per day.
    4)......or run. Eat the fresh fruits, too.

6. Dorean Clarke

Dorean Clarke Active Member

We are dealing with our immune system here, so to boost it we should be avoiding those foods and drinks. Having a strong immune system is the main factor in not contracting the virus. Though I am not a fan of lockdown and still go out from time to time to get connected with nature, and absorbing vitamin D from the Sun. How about you guys, are you having fun during lockdowns?

RedylC94 and BillLin like this.
  7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Some of us go to work.

BillLin likes this.
  8. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Biking with a small number of friends 3-5 mornings per week. Cancelled planned trips to Kentucky and northern Ohio, though.

EdwinTheMagnificent and BillLin like this.
  9. litesong

litesong litesong

Every day that goes by, that my family, my friends & I don’t get ccp coronavirus, I count extra special happiness. The last 2 days, one fifth of a million people in the US came down with ccp coronavirus(more in the future?) & do NOT have my family’s luxury.
    Of course, the World is approaching 1 twentieth of a billion cases & 1 eighth of 10 million deaths

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  10. litesong

litesong litesong

25,000 recent Boeing employees don’t have to go to work now.

11. Ford Man

Ford Man Well-Known Member

My son just had Covid19 a few weeks ago and thinks he probably contracted it at work. He's a custodian at a school and they've had several cases in that school. When I picked my wife up at work tonight she said she's quarantined for the next 14 days because a co-worker tested positive today. She also works as a custodian in a school but, not the same school my son works at. I think this case with her co-worker is only the 3rd case they've had in that school. Thank God my son's case wasn't too bad, he was just extremely tired with some congestion and recovered at home. His wife was quarantined 14 days after he got over it and never contracted it. Hopefully my wife doesn't contract it from being around the co-worker but, we're taking extra precaution by both wearing our masks at home now that we know she's been exposed.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 6:02 AM
  12. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

Best wishes to you and your wife, Ford Man, and to your son too!

13. Ford Man

Ford Man Well-Known Member

Thank you.

EdwinTheMagnificent likes this.
  14. litesong

litesong litesong

Now.......two families in our neighborhood have had one ccp coronavirus case each, that we know. Fortunately so far, only younger people have been affected. One case was definitely worse than a cold, but they have recovered well.

BillLin likes this.