New 2020 Toyota Prius Prime Hot Deal ~ $18,250 + TTL

Discussion in 'Automotive Hot Deals' started by xcel, Nov 21, 2019.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

The Prius Prime deals are heating up again! This time, the 2020 with the upgrades previously posted.

2020 Toyota Prius Prime

[​IMG]
    As shown in the sharp “Supersonic Red”, a $425 upcharge.​

From the 2017 Toyota Prius Prime: Price + Content + Efficiency = WOW!!! First drive review and subsequent updates through 2018, 2019, and 2020, there is still no vehicles available that provides the Prius Prime’s lowest total cost of ownership due in part to its chart topping electrical and gasoline efficiency, reliability, and price after the Fed TC and state credits and rebates available to consumers across any number of states.

For 2020, I have been watching a $1k rebate grow to $1.5k through the fall and now a real Hot Deal just appeared.

If you are buying in NY from any other state, this may work for you…

2020 Toyota Prius Prime $3k Rebate

[​IMG]
    Currently available from NY State Dealerships...​

An example of a deal for the 2020 Toyota Prius Prime consumer would include the LE that retails for $27,750 + $995 D&H of $28,745 + TTL.

Dealership discounts of between $1k and $2k would not be abnormal on a Prius Prime purchase. No guarantees on that level of discount as I have not shopped the Prime but that level of discount should be doable. The Federal Tax Credit continues to be $4,502. If you pay $4,502 in Fed taxes per year and are under a given gross income threshold, it is a dollar for dollar tax credit. Meaning if you owe $4,502 or more in Federal taxes, you owe nothing on the first $4,501 of your Federal Taxes with this purchase.

In California for example, there is a $1,500 State Tax rebate on the sales tax paid on the Prius Prime.

Adding everything up, a $28,745 retail price for the base 2020 Toyota Prius Prime LE, will be reduced by the $4,502 Fed TC, $3k Toyota Rebate, $1.5k dealer discount, and finally the $1.5K state tax rebate. This brings the base 2020 Prius Prime LE down to just $18,243 + TTL. That is one hell of a deal for a fuel saver that many of us can actually afford.

2020 Toyota Prius Prime Updates

[​IMG]
    • New 5th seat for rear seat passengers, up from 4.
    • Standard Apple CarPlay, SiriusXM and Amazon Alexa compatibility
    • Two additional 2.1A USB ports for rear passengers
    • Black interior accents to replace previous white accents
    • A new sun visor extender albeit it still does not cover the entire opening
    • A relocation of seat heater buttons to the dash plane for front seat passengers for easier usability
    [​IMG]
    3-passenger rear seat now standard.​

New grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited trims replacing the Plus, Premium, and Advanced monikers.

The Prius Prime is the most efficient Toyota hybrid with an EPA-estimated 25-miles range on the pack and 54 combined mpg as a hybrid. The Prius Prime represents the next step of Toyota’s continuous quest to reach more efficient mobility. The Prius Prime is also great for commuters as its HOV-approved as a single-occupant green vehicle in some states such as California and New Jersey.

And the broken record continues. No Android Auto...

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  2. xcel

Hi All:

I did some more searching and the $3k off rebate is good not just in NY but NJ and CT as well.

IHTHs a shopper searching for one of his or her very own?

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  3. xcel

Hi All:

The $3k rebate did not increase for December and the $1,500 California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) state tax rebate has been reduced to just $1,000.

I am still waiting to hear if Android Auto will be flashed into the Prime's head unit and so far, nothing.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

My local Toyota dealer has been bugging me with direct mail and email propositions , like "We can give you a
    very good price for your Prius and a GREAT deal on a Highlander". Really , a Highlander ?
    But it wouldn't hurt to take a test drive in a Prime.

xcel and BillLin like this.
  5. xcel

Hi Edwin:

If it is any consolation, I have seen a few $25 Toyota Test Drive popups from various Toyota dealerships across the country.

But yeah, you, I and the rest of the world need to get into a non-hybrid Highlander in the worst way. ;)

It does appear as if dealerships can come down at least $1,500 off Retail on the Prius Prime so that is a good starting point nationwide.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.
  6. xcel

Hi All:

Earlier today I found that the Uber driver affiliate rebate of $750 should still good to go. At least until January 6th, 2020 anyway. If ~ $17.5k to $18k is to much for a new 2020 Toyota Prius Prime LE, damn, you are cheaper than I am and that is saying something! :D

What I actually hope to see is a $3.5 or $4k rebate on January 4th and than this deal gets really interesting despite the lack of good ergonomics, Android Auto, BSM, and RCTA. The later two are only available on the Limited unfortunately leaving owners a little more vulnerable to the side and rear vs many other OEMs entry and mid-trim non-hybrid offerings.

Wayne

BillLin likes this.