Found a good source for discounted Toyota OEM parts

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by ALS, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

I ran into the dreaded Toyota Prius wheel bearing hub issue. The cost of these hubs is ridicules to say the least @ $329.29 each at either of the dealers here in town.

You just have to love the internet and Toyota Dealers that want to keep the business in house and off Amazon or Ebay. The cost for two ($237.56 each) with a $3.00 handling fee was 478.12. No shipping or sales tax giving me a savings of $226.56 over either of my local Toyota dealers.

If we were talking about $25 or even $50 more at my local dealer I'd probably would gotten them locally.

A 28% difference in price is major money, with a part this expensive. :eek:

This particular Toyota dealer is out of Va, has some great prices on parts.

http://www.toyotaonlineparts.com

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    xcel, Mendel Leisk and BillLin like this.
  2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Al:

Great post and even greater savings!!!

Wayne

3. S Keith

S Keith Well-Known Member

Their transit time page says ship from zip is 23294, Henrico, VA

http://www.toyotaonlineparts.com/about-us says Virgina.

Looks like pretty decent prices though.

xcel likes this.
  4. ALS

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    BillLin likes this.
  5. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I have NEVER replaced wheel bearings or hubs on any other car I've owned , with some over 200K miles. It worries me to think that my car might need these replaced several times in the approx. 250K miles I expect to keep it.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Yeah. My Chevrolet never needed wheel bearings in about 121K miles. My Subaru never did in about 190K. My Mazda never did, except for the left front, in 606K. Toyota's engineering used to know how to specify adequate wheel bearings, too.

7. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

Those darned Mazda's , they need a major repair every 600,000 miles, lol.

8. ALS

Just an update, my parts are being FedEx'ed from Arizona not Va.

9. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

YIKES!!
    Al how many miles did your bearing last?
    Ours-2006- 101,000 miles-OK so far-

PS Slight aside-my RWS 460 .22 springer air rifle lotta fun to shoot in hallway-lock out Arty(greyhound) 3.5 cats-and my 30 foot hall range is open for business

10. ALS

Around 57,000. Use to make noise above forty mph, it is now down to anything above 25. :(

Picked up an Anschutz 54 sporter .22, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

11. RedylC94

RedylC94 Well-Known Member

Actually, I had to do the left front (only!) several times in those 606K. Somehow that one took on water, causing rust to ruin the bearing. Although Prius bearings are apparently not as durable, and are far more expensive, at least they're much easier to replace, as I understand. The Mazda's front bearings were an ordeal

My brother's '95 Avalon hasn't needed wheel bearings yet either, in well over 300K so far.

12. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

The BEST price is http://www.partznet.com/

They do free shipping and the price is the best! When you first sign up you get 10% off. I have signed up with different emails each time lol and get my 10% every time.

They also send coupons to your email regularly.

THERE IS NONE BETTER THEN THIS!!!!

13. BillLin

BillLin PV solar, geothermal HVAC, hybrids and electrics

Karma's going to get you, George... :)

14. ALS

Checked it out and it was the same price for my hubs, just a different Toyota Dealer.

Conicelli Toyota located a few miles NW of Philadelphia Pa.

Either way we have two sites that are no brainers when it comes to buying OEM Toyota parts.

15. priusCpilot

priusCpilot George

Does the other site also give you free shipping? Do they give you 10% off when you signup? do they post 10% off coupons on there Facebook all the time like Coni does?

Another option is SKF

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3251508&cc=1444360

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...e/wheel+hub,wheel+bearing+&+hub+assembly,1636

I bought SKF on other applications and they were premium Made In Japan units.

16. ALS

Got free shipping, not 10% off coupon. If I'd known about the 10% coupon it would have saved me another $20.

Arizona dealer no 7% Pa. sales tax.

17. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

Al-2010 is GEN 3 right??
    My 2006 Gen 2-
    sure HOPE this is a GEN 3 cheap out and the GEN 2's are spared.
    NOLA south louisiana has a lot of potholes-our soil- water logged -then it dries out-sinks-
    the ancient 98 suburban is indifferent to it-but modern cars fwd take a pounding

Still haven't shot the Anschutz ??
    That is the beauty of air rifles-any hallway will do-just lock out the pets-warn the humans-tape 4-5" of newspaper together-put it in a box-tape a made by printer target to some cardboard- wedge the box upright-and bang bang
    Most people use lead pellets-1cent each-but I'm paranoid about lead poisoning-use lead free pellets-which are 4 cents each-but I reuse some of them from the less powerful rifle and the pump pistol-not the 460-not so good for accuracy but fine for trigger control sight picture etc

Ha,ha no doubt you are following the extremely entertaining Republican campaign-
    safe bet the DEMS-Hillary want the same thing-CRUZ- that the Republican establishment is being forced to "want"
    Hillary wants to face Cruz-easy win-he couldn't beat POL POT-

18. ALS

Hi Charley,

BTW It's a .22 Rimfire.

Have you seen the prices of an Anschutz air rifle? :eek:

Al

19. ALS

Update,

I got the hubs this afternoon from FedEx, and got a pleasant surprise when I opened the box.

Camelback Toyota took an additional $14.17 off the bill for using Paypal.

BillLin likes this.
  20. ALS

Well an update, now that I replaced both front hubs last month, I found out today from the dealer that the right rear hub is going bad and needs replaced.

$203 shipped compared to $327 at my local Toyota Dealer.

What the hell 58,000 miles, and I've had to replace three out of four wheel bearings on my car.