2014 Nissan Rogue SV Second Drive

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by xcel, May 24, 2014.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

Following up on the 14 Rogue short lead, we had a chance to do some head to head for “Family Vehicle of the Year”.

2014 Nissan Rogue SV

[​IMG]

From the Midwest Automobile Media Association (#MAMASC14) Spring Rally in Elkhart Lake, Wisc. -- The 2014 Nissan Rogue was my top pick for the “Family Car of the Year” balloting thanks in part to its utility, ride comfort, reasonable driving dynamics, and superb fuel economy capability.

The AWD 14 Nissan Rouge SV is rated at 25/32 yet provided an indicated 45.6 on this suburban drive loop. Not bad at all.

[​IMG]
    2014 Nissan Rogue - aFCD indicates 45.6 mpg over the 8-mile suburban/country RT drive loop.​

The AWD Rogue SV starts at $26,545 incl. D&H and mats. As driven $29,215 w/ roof racks and the premium package.

[​IMG]

Lots of room in the hatch with the 3rd row seats folded out of the way and the front seats are those NASA zero gravity units that are one of the best despite having limited adjustability.

[​IMG]

Good stuff Nissan.

Wayne

2. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

Eh. Rogue. I drove the previous generation and it was pleasant but not a standout in any way whatsoever. This one seems to carry that theme over in its styling and first impression.

Looks like they have done a nice job improving the FE, I don't feel te Rogue would have been capable of that on my little test route in its previous iteration.

3. ILAveo

ILAveo Well-Known Member

I'm curious about how to compare FE at these events. Simple things like tire pressure and whether the engine is already warm can have a big effect. I'm guessing that the cars are pre-warmed, but do some of them come out with the tires soft to smooth out the ride? I'd guess that the Rogue's tires were hard and the Genesis's were soft based on the different messages the makers are trying to convey.

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Rich:

Some had TPMS that showed individual pressures. Almost to a tee, most were higher than their placard due to the warmer temps than when filled earlier in the day and warm tires. The Press Fleet guys are sticklers about placard pressures for the morning setup and I did not see any out of the ordinary.

All the cars were driven in a circle for about 6-blocks so I could get the feel of even their most basic qualities including a quick side to side over 10 wheel cycles for turn in, body roll, and steering feel impressions. Warmed up to NOPNOT, no but close enough for all of them.

IHTHs?

Wayne