Saw my first 2014 Mazda6 on the road

Discussion in 'Mazda' started by xcel, Jul 27, 2013.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

Saw first 14 Mazda in the wild just north of Gurnee, IL a few minutes ago. Great car but I do not see many on the road?

[​IMG]

In the past three months (April, May and June) there have been just 10,717 sold. Surprisingly low and the May sales results were higher than in June?

As Rodney Dangerfield would have said, "This car get's no respect."

Wayne

2. MadMan2k

MadMan2k Active Member

I've seen a few around here. Beautiful car.

3. killer6795

killer6795 MazdaMiser

I saw on last Friday (7/26/13) in Western Springs. That makes 4 total that I've seen on the road this summer in the Chicago-land area. I really thought I would have seen more by now. Mazda rarely advertises on TV, could this be a factor?

4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

They don't seem to wanna go toe-to-toe with Honda and Toyota. I don't think they can afford to give folks the steep discounts they might receive at Honda and Toyota dealers.
    They have a tiny little slice of the pie and seem to be content with it. I always considered Mazda cars to be reliable and fun to drive ; I'd buy another in a heartbeat. If they produce a car as good as a Prius c.

5. aca2983

aca2983 Well-Known Member

I've seen several now, even though I don't drive very much or very far.

6. xcel

Hi All:

Southern California is lacking the 2014 Mazda6 in my drives around the area the last few days as well? I would have thought Californian's would have gone nuts over its exterior design in particular?

While we wait for the SKYACTIV-D this fall, Marian wants to go look at one locally because she liked a pic I posted of the review vehicle a few weeks back.

[​IMG]

Wayne

7. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

I visited friends in Austin last week, and saw three parked in their area of the apartment complex. Three out of 50-75 cars. That's a lot! I haven't seen that many total here at home.

8. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Hello all

I have driven a 6 Touring. It makes the Accord and Yota look like yesterdays news when it comes to ice only movement.

My Mazda dealer knows I can go buy any Honda I want for well below published invoice. I have been promised they will beat my known Honda dealer % wise into insanity if I just buy one and give them fact on mpg from going for the mpg to Zoom Zoom and every thing in between. HE ALSO KNOWS IT WOULD BE THE WIFES CAR. :(

For her a cheap chevy maybe. :)

Driving the loaded 6 was wonderful. The cabin was great if you like black and some awful egg shell ivory botched mess. I even liked the the little navi tom tom screen. When you went to basic Tulsa Okie driving mpg hung with our HCHII. Go freeway with A/C on 50 mpg not a problem running 65 mph. Quit and comphy.

Get on it and go Zoom Zoom! It has better under pinnings than my MZ3 but no engine. It went from a driven right for this crowd to a thrash monster in a completely under powered Fiat way. Fiats we don't get here. Except the 500 and if you want anything close to a Fiat yoy best get a Abart.

Back to the MZ6. The one thing I have seen and touched. I hate is the exterior fit and finish and honestly I don't like the the black or else interior. The placement and function of controls are A#1. The feel is better but still not Honda. And yes I have had time in the new Accord with the hellish CVT and Sport MT. The MZ6 in basic trim whoops on the Accord. While Honda has so called kept it's place. To anybody that has owned a 4th gen or above of recent memory. The newest is a fail at biblical levels IMO.

And for the record the MZ6's are selling here. They can't keep there lot full and stacked. One MZ dealer to three Honda dealers in the metro. I drive 80 to 100 miles a day in a 2.3L MZ3 5mt touring. And can bust 50 mpg at a whim or get twisted. And be smiling. :)\\

Mazda is going to break new ground concerning oil burners with the 6. They will be going after VW and Audi like manics on a mission. I for one hope they put that ice in a rwd sedan that can wreck havic on BMW. I know,,, I'm dreaming. But Mazda is that close.

Enough of my rambling's. MZ6 for me ,,, Chevy crash test dummy's for the hot wife. :)

9. xcel

Hi Jeff:

In another thread, I posted the buying experience of a Passat TDI and a Mazda6 in southern California. There were something like (7) 2014 6's on the lot of one of the largest Mazda dealerships in all of Southern CA. The dealership sucked and they would not budge off MSRP even for an all-cash offer. I was not going to buy but the salesman did not know that.

The Passat TDI on the other hand was being offered for $2,500 off MSRP before I even began negotiating. While the Mazda6 is really good in the sex appeal and handling department, the Passat TDI is a larger, far more fuel efficient, more comfortable riding car while costing the same when similarly equipped. $26K for the PAssat TDI SE with Sunroof and the AT vs. 6 Touring withouht some of the "stuff".

Wayne

10. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Hello Wayne

I've got a bit more seat time in the MZ6 and I like it. MT or auto box. But I have also driven several Accord Sprots with the 6MT.

I'm still out on the new engine. I was hoping for more over all. It's the new wave. Basically a vamped up R18 with noise and no great Accord front suspension. I think Honda really screwed up by going full strut up front. Only a seasoned Accrod driver will know or could tell whats going on in the front end. So there marketing ploy and bottom dollar idea will work for them.

But I have to admit I like the Accord Sport more than the MZ6 with a MT. But go auto box and the MZ6 takes over. Honda can keep there crap box CVT's and spoon feed them to anybody that wish's to own such a sorry excused of a transmission. Yeah they are better than Nissan's offerings and they are better than anything they have offered in the past. But the fact remains they are a awful excuse for tq transfer and as limp as a soft pecker. Freaking worthless. And coupled with Hondas new I-4? A driver has to wonder. A idiot will slop it up like a hog at feeding time.

11. xcel

Hi Jeff:

The CVT is not only smooth; the Accord when equipped with it is a 7.5 second car. It is surely not performance you are criticizing as it would eat up most C-segment's with a conventionally aspirated 2.0L or less under their hoods.

The Accord with a stick is one slick shifting beauty too. In the affordable ranks, only Honda and Mazda have figured out how to make a stick work beautifully. Little issue with 4th on the 14 6 and 3 but it was as small issue.

Wayne

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  12. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

I guess about 350,000 Americans will be idiots this year.