Clint Eastwood in “It’s Halftime in America”

Discussion in 'Chrysler' started by xcel, Feb 6, 2012.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG]Chrysler’s comeback story in a nutshell.

[fflash=left]http://www.youtube.com/v/_PE5V4Uzobc?version=3[/fflash]Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG - Feb 5, 2012

Chrysler Group television commercial titled "It's Halftime in America" that aired during the 2012 NFL Championship game.

My vote for best Commercial shown yet.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. 2RR2NV

2RR2NV Ultimate Newbie

WOOOOTT! that vid actually gave me chills!

3. herm

herm Well-Known Member

and soon it will be Morning in America again.. did anyone see the Iron Lady movie?.. its a stunning performance by Meryl Streep.

4. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

The "It’s Halftime in America" Script:

5. rfruth

rfruth Well-Known Member

It's a new game, loved this ad :flag:

6. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

I really liked this ad too. It has been called out by some as meaningless. I enjoyed the serious nature of it and it hit home with the correlation of half time in America, in the auto industry, and in the game.

I especially liked the fact that it didn't bash another brand. They were bringing Detroit all together as a unit. Clint Eastwood as the narrator was the perfect "icing on the cake!" Great Job Chrysler media!

7. Carcus

Carcus Well-Known Member

I guess this isn't Clint's first "spaghetti western".

How DO you say it's halftime in Italian?

8. ALS

ALS Super Moderator Staff Member

a orario ridotto

It was an outstanding ad. Love it or hate it the advertizing company that came up with it were geniuses. :flag:

9. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

Chrysler out of the park :)

10. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Super Moderator Staff Member

As noted above it's the continued appeal to patriotism that they've been using quite some time now, even though the company is now Italian-owned.

It's rather like the way Budweiser advertizes themselves as an American institution despite now being Belgian.

EDIT:
    Of course, subtly the message was "Yes, we know we sucked, but we don't any more."

11. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

We have a lot of multi-national corporations.

I think most people would still consider Budweiser an American institution at heart even if it's owner isn't.

Still liked the Chrysler commercial.

12. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

Chrysler is still headquartered in Detroit Michigan USA. It's majority owned by FIAT, however that does not make it an Italian company. With international trading in its current manner, you can argue that most manufacturers are no longer home-made. The majority of Chrysler work force consists of American Engineers...and they're looking for many more right now.

13. Earthling

Earthling Trying to be kind to Mother Earth

I also liked the ad with the Italian bombshell, and the sporty version of the Fiat Abarth.

[fflash=left]http://www.youtube.com/v/cpi2IAec9Ho?version=3[/fflash]

She's a little less gruff than Clint, and she's pushing a reasonably fuel-efficient vehicle.

Harry

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  14. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

I remember Chrysler's Imported from Detroit ad from (last years'?) a previous super bowl. It was one of the best ads I had ever heard. This one was almost as good, though Clint was a super choice for the voicing. Whoever is doing these ads for Chrysler is genius. Great cinematography, and a tough, yet optimistic message made this ad shine.

15. 2RR2NV

2RR2NV Ultimate Newbie

oh i was sooo LMAO on that one and then proceeded to drool when i saw it was an Abarth and not just another 500

16. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

The Abarth does look like a fun little car. Hopefully a little more refined than the standard sport suspension.

17. herm

herm Well-Known Member

That was a nice looking lady, tat and all.. but the commercial was a bit too long, they should have cut off the last few seconds.

18. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Super Moderator Staff Member

When a foreign company can decide what happens at a company in the USA, the company in the USA is a foreign company.

I'm sure American Honda employs lots of Americans too.

19. herm

herm Well-Known Member

and those employees pump a lot of money into the local economy.. I'm sure you could buy stock in Honda and Fiat, then you would be an owner.

20. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't GM and Chrysler make a comeback. Sure its QC wasn't great in the past-nor was Fords- but look at how well Ford is doing now.
    One advantage of China becoming more affluent is their wages going up-making them slightly less competitive.

The upside to the down waging of the Rust belt is their wages are low enough that companies- Like Caterpillar- can return and make $$. Sure it sucks for the Canadians-and sucks that the jobs aren't $30/hr plus $20/hr benefits- but that is the world we live in.

Yeah good for Chrysler- better than joblessness for workers-