Test Drive: Nissan Leaf

Discussion in 'Nissan' started by atlaw4u, Aug 7, 2010.

1. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

[​IMG] 0-60 in about 10 seconds.

[FIMG=RIGHT]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/2011_Nissan_LEAF1.jpg[/FIMG]Devin Coldewey - CRUNCHGEAR - August 4, 2010

I just had the opportunity to test-drive the new Nissan Leaf here in sunny Seattle, and had enough time with the car to garner some first impressions, take some pictures, and shoot a little video.

The Leaf, as you are probably aware, is Nissan’s new plug-in electric vehicle, and the first of the new generation of consumer EVs to be released here in the States. Sure, you’ve got the Tesla, and even the more family-oriented Model S, but they’re beyond the reach of the average city-dweller. Priced at just under $33K ($25K including the government rebate), the car is really competing with Accords and Legacys and the like. While it’s easy to suggest that it also competes with the Volt, the pricing and technology really set the two apart; all they’ve got in common is an electric motor. I tried to keep all that in mind when comparing the car in my mind with others on the market... [RM]http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/08/04/test-drive-nissan-leaf/[/RM]

2. At least the $33k price puts it in middle class range, unlike the Volt.

3. Damionk

Damionk DWL Lover

When it comes here I may have to make a special trip to a dealer and make a test drive, even though I will not be in the market for a new car. I watched the video and skimmed the article and have to say I was fairly impressed with what I saw.

4. echoman

echoman Well-Known Member

Nice little article. I like the leaf, alot. I would consider buying one but maybe in another few years hopefully when the range is just alittle longer and there are more recharge stations around.

The car looks great, though the centre stack is just alittle to conservative for my liking, but love everything else.

5. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

This car will fit all my needs. I live 4 miles from the office and travel maybe 30 total miles in a day if I am running errands. We use my wife's car for long trips.