Bicycle pics - post them up

Discussion in 'General' started by Chalupa102, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Chalupa102

Chalupa102 Cycling more to drive less

I haven't seen any thread for bicycle pictures, so i'll start one.

These are mine, which are both Schwinn road bikes. The white and red one has studded snow tires and is only used when there's snow on the roads or in the forcast. Currently it's ready for the trip tomorrow, which is supposed to be snowy. The silver one is used the rest of the time when the roads are clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

:eek: I've never seen studded bicycle tires before!

3. seftonm

seftonm Veteran Staff Member

Nice bikes. Here's my winter beater:

[​IMG]

I should probably get a better road bike for summer. I hope to work on one this summer if I have time.

4. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

You guys are making me feel like a total wuss. :p

I need to get my road bike serviced (yeah yeah, I never got around to becoming a bike mechanic either :eek:) so I can ride this summer, get one of those 2 wheeled buggies so I can pull my daughter along behind me, and at some point get a mountain bike so I can deal with inclement weather without wrecking my good bike.

5. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

Dan and Mike, you guys are my heroes!!!!! I must admit that I am a fair weathered biker. If the forecast is for snow or if the temp is under 29F/-1C, then I don't ride. Good thing I live as far south as I do. I did got to ride yesterday morning.

Studded bike snow tires! Really! That is cool! I have a friend at the gym who is always offering to add studs for me when I ride up with my baklava on, but I thought he was just joking. I'll have to check it out.

Good idea starting this thread, Dan! I'll take a picture of mine and post it tonight.

6. Chalupa102

Got to take the bike out last night in the snow. There was only about 1/2 inch on the side roads and shoulders, but i have to be honest, it was a blast :D. The studded tires handled great and not once did i start to lose traction at all.

Nice picture Mike.

Rob, where's the pics? I wanna see your bike :p

7. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

I've got a bridgestone that I've been riding since '92 or '93. And it's still running the original tubes... just replaced the first set of tires last year.

EDIT: I didn't ride it for, oh, about 10 years. I had taken it to collage, and some drunk #@$ stole my seat and post (which was chained to bike... why not steal the whole bike???). I had a bicycle shop in Raleigh order me a new post in, and they ended up needing to buy a special tool to gauge the diameter that was needed. Mostly, I wanted to be able to ride with the kids as they got older.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. southerncannuck

southerncannuck Well-Known Member

How do you post a picture?

9. seftonm

If you look in the bar near the top of the page, you will see a link for "Gallery". Click on that. You'll be taken to a new page, and there will be a link to "Upload Photos" in the third bar from the top. You can use that to upload a photo from your computer to the server. Once you have uploaded it and processed it, you can click on it, copy the UBBCode, and paste it in your reply.

10. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

I'm getting slow in my old age, but here it is:
    [​IMG]

Many-o-Miles on this old beauty. It has had two different baby seats on it and multiple lights and mirrors.

11. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Chalupa:

___Here is mine, a Gary Fischer Tarpon :)

[​IMG]

___Good Luck

___Wayne

12. southerncannuck

[​IMG]
    I love Florida winters. No studded tires here.

13. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

Nice pic and nice bike. Does it take a special camera to get the blurred background or do you do that after the pic is on the computer?

14. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Administrator Staff Member

I think it just takes a camera with a quick shutter speed. A good DSLR should do ya. I bet it was taken from a car, or another bike.

15. seftonm

Track the bike with the camera. That will blur the background but keep the bike and rider sharp.

16. southerncannuck

It was taken by a friend on the ground. My pie hole seems open, so I might have been going pretty fast:eek:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  17. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

You should be careful with your pie hole while riding. Mine has been a bug hole more times than I would like to remember :D

18. Chalupa102

Nice pics guys.

Unfortunately i'm down to one bicycle right now. I have some maintenance that needs to be done on the silver one, which probably won't be for a while. It's no problem because i actually prefer the white one as a commuter over the silver one anyway. These are pics at the dam that's not too far from my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I changed out the studded tires for the slicks that were on the silver one. I also put on some fenders to keep myself and the bicycle clean during the wet weather.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  19. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi All:

___I vote that Chalupa's is the best equipped as it has a rack and it looks like it has been put to good use! I believe John (Lightfoot) is a big bike rider and I would like to see his setup someday too..

___Good Luck

___Wayne

20. rdprice64

rdprice64 Still Learning

I concur. When I ride, everything is in a backpack. The bike rack can carry more!