Any Thermostat for the Mazda3

Discussion in 'Mazda' started by SnaiLl, Dec 10, 2009.

1. SnaiLl

SnaiLl New Member

I have a 2006 Mazda3 with a thermostat that opens up at 183 degrees! I have tried looking with no luck for a 195degree thermostat. Have any of you other Mazda owners been able to find any? Also what spark plugs have you guys switched to?

2. 2008Mazda3i

2008Mazda3i Well-Known Member

What would be the benefit to the 195 deg thermostat?

3. SnaiLl

SnaiLl New Member

A 195 thermostat would make the engine warm up quicker. Also, having a hotter thermostat would make the engine cool up at that specific temperature. Cars run more fuel efficient when the engine is hot. That is why people get grill blocks, hood insulators, undertrays, and hotter thermostats.

4. greatwit

greatwit Active Member

I haven't looked into getting a higher temp thermostat because of the hot summers here. I still have stock plugs in mine with close to 60k.

5. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

Still have the OEM plugs in mine also. Have put my WAI hose on it for the winter months.

6. jcp123

jcp123 Caliente!

I'll check at my work, but I know that ours for the Duratec 23 are complete water neck/thermostat assemblies and aren't cheap. If it's available I might get one for my Mom's Duratec 23-equipped 3. These cars seem pretty quirky at warming up at cold temps.