Interesting Media Experience

Discussion in 'Website news & discussions' started by Dan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Dan

Dan KiloTanked in post 153451

I recently did a story with a local Houston station. The interview went like most generally do, and eventually the topic of speed came up. The question was pretty open ended so I couldn't really tell if they were baiting or honestly curious, but they seemed nice enough, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Went something like this:

Through the course of the interview the same question came up about 3 times more. Each time I mentioned the school bus. Kind of corny analogy, but it certainly put the question to bed. When it finally got edited all the questions of speed got taken out and the piece was fairly positive. I wish they would have left the speeding questions in there, but better to have a neutral piece than negative one I suppose. I'm keeping the school bus answer in my back pocket from now on.

2. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Dan:

___Absolutely brilliant! I will have to use that one in my own repertoire if you do not mind.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

3. Dan

Thanks, and consider it "Public Domain"... use at will.

4. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

When will this piece be available for reading? I almost feel like when media wants to attract attention they figure "Let's get something controversial" and hypermiling comes to the top of the plate :rolleyes:.

I don't think they really care about the fuel savings offered, so when they're disappointed they put out garbage...as long as it's not positive. They had nothing negative to say however, which was good, but they probably figured it was a waste of time.

5. Dan

6. hobbit

hobbit He who posts articles

I often use the "what if I was a loaded semi" thought-provoker,
    where power-to-weight ratio or one's desire for neck-snapping
    acceleration is concerned.
    _H*

7. vtec-e

vtec-e Celtic MPG Warrior

I just find it incredible that it's considered normal to break the speed limit! Do the police condone this? It's a speed limit right???

ollie