My middle son (25) bought a COOL fast car!

Discussion in 'Mazda' started by ATaylorRacing, Aug 7, 2009.

1. ATaylorRacing

ATaylorRacing ATaylorRacing

I have not seen this car, but I did see his 1st LS1 conversion when it broke into the 11s on street tires. The guy is putting in another clutch and fixing the one headlight that is out. I don't like the fart can, but it sounds like a loud NASCAR car at high revs and is LOUD when nailed! I gave my son a line to a couple of real nice stock drivers seats.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FD-R...cks?hash=item19b58c47f3&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

2. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

That's a popular drop in and nothing new. Problem is, It's only good for straight line 1/8 and 1/4 mile work. And other wise destroys the car. You cant get the V8 balanced in the car for road work.

3. ChopsQube

ChopsQube Member

I know this is an old dead thread, but this statement couldn't be farther from the truth. I mean, it is WAY off!

Not that I would ever ruin an excellent Japanese car by putting "American" parts in it, but there are tons and tons of perfectly balanced, track proven (auto-x and road course) LSx swapped Miatas out there.

A perfect example...

http://www.flyinmiata.com/projects/targa/targamiata.php

And keep in mind, the stock Miata motor has a cast iron block. These LS motors have all aluminum blocks/heads. IIRC, when fully assembled, they weigh maybe 100 lbs more than stock, which is easily dealt with proper suspension setup and corner balancing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. EdwinTheMagnificent

EdwinTheMagnificent Legend In His Mind

This relevant in 2012 because ? Yawn.

5. PaleMelanesian

PaleMelanesian Beat the System Staff Member

Because Race Car. That is all.

6. FSUspectra

FSUspectra Practicing true conservatism!

QFT.

7. ChopsQube

ChopsQube Member

It matters to you because?...