Western New York Hypermilers WNY

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by standard7452, Jul 22, 2009.

1. standard7452

standard7452 Active Member

Is there anyone on the forums that live in the WNY area?

If so we should form an alliance this way.

Reply or message me so that we can get started!

Thanks,

Will

2. JusBringIt

JusBringIt Be Inspired

Hello Will:

I'm in the capital region area. What exactly are you interested in achieving from an alliance?

3. standard7452

standard7452 Active Member

bad choice of words on my part

I guess there would be nothing to achieve other than keeping up on the daily grind...

Anecdotally, I have found that many of the people that I have spoken with about hypermiling are unaware of the benefits to the enivironment and cost savings that can result from using the techinques on this site and are interested in it.

And for the most part they are interested in how the different techniques can be used to benefit their own causes.

In WNY, like the buffalo region, you are only like 3 or four degrees from knowing someone tops. So if more than one person who understands the basics of hypermiling is around it is only a matter of time before the information permeates the group.

It wouldnt work just anywhere, but that was the essence of calling out to anyone else in WNY who is into this sort of thing to see if we cn "meet" by talking with people about getting more mpgs and getting the word around.