Major dealer group to sell hybrid Fisker Karma

Discussion in 'PHEV or Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle' started by Right Lane Cruiser, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Right Lane Cruiser

Right Lane Cruiser Penguin of Notagascar

According to Tonkin, the Fisker factory has received orders for 931 Karmas.

[xfloat=left]http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/501/Fisker_Karma.jpg[/xfloat]Steve Parker - The Huffington Post - Jan. 30, 2009

My Insight came from Ron Tonkin Acura in Portland and it was the best car buying experience I've ever had... over the phone, no less!! --Ed.

It's the kind of positive image and auto industry credibility which no new car company could possibly afford to buy, but only hope to develop over decades.

But we've learned exclusively that one of the nation's largest auto dealer groups has been signed by Fisker Automotive to carry their sedan and hardtop convertible Karma plug-in hybrid models, which will use an extended-range gasoline/electric hybrid system similar to that developed by General Motors for their Chevrolet Volt and Euro-market Opel Ampera.

And the young carmaker says achieving 100 mpg with Karma is not out of the question.

According to industry journal Automotive News, the influential Ron Tonkin Automotive Group owns some 15 dealerships in and around the Portland, OR area. AN says it is the #81 dealership group in the US with 2007 sales of almost 23,000 new, used and fleet cars and trucks for $466 million. Tonkin will be Fisker's exclusive Oregon state dealership.
    2009-01-30-KarmaSunsetFrontTopDownHR010509.bmp (Computer-enhanced styling study of Fisker's gas/electric hybrid Karma S hardtop convertible).

Unlike many of the megadealer groups which have been created through complicated finance deals by Wall Street firms in recent years, Tonkin started the company on his own with a single Chevrolet dealership in 1960 and still has control over… [RM]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steve-parker/exclusive-major-dealer-gr_b_162436.html[/RM]

2. Taliesin

Taliesin Well-Known Member

If I could afford it, I would probably buy it...

It would replace the Ranger, and take me back to the experience I had with the Crossfire that I enjoyed.

It's about $80K too much for me right now though.