Wouldn't you want to hypermile in one of these?

Discussion in 'Toyota' started by philmcneal, Mar 2, 2006.

1. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2006/02/toyota_announce.html

GS450H Pricing announced at 54,900 US! Wow and my friend predicted it was going to be in the 100,000. Man that sounds like such a a sweet car, to hypermile and when you want to have a little fun... and NO guilt what so ever because its green =)

2. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

28 MPG Combined for 54k. It just doesn't float my boat. :-(

3. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Phil:

___We hope to get some time behind one of these monsters in the near future. 0 - 60 in < 6 seconds. 25 - 40 mph pulse, ~ 8 seconds. Glide, 60 seconds. Doing the math yields … Only time will tell ;)

___Eric, Tom, and I talked about this automobiles actual FE capability even though the EPA estimates are supposed to be in the mid to upper 20’s range.

[​IMG]

___Good Luck

___Wayne

4. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

If people buy them - it's a plus.

Maybe a few of you would peg it as a phony fuel mizer. Granted, it's not a Prius, but thank God it's not a hybrid Escalade. Got a guy at GH that rants every time the Escalade or Dodge Ram is mentioned for the gas-guzzlers they are. Sometime I will probably ask him if he feels good about a hybrid CXT? He might actually defend it. :p

5. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

The problem with a lot of zealots is that they think hybrid tech should only be for cars that already get 40mpg. It realy does make more sense to put it on the lower mpg cars since percentage wise it will make a bigger difference. You know the guy in the caddy isn't likely to drive around in a civic or prius, so if his car gets 30% better FE its 30% better FE than would otherwise be realized.

You can't force everyone to care about FE, this is especialy true with people of wealth where fuel consumption doesn't hit them in the pocketbook much. The more the technology becomes mainstream the more people will look at cars without it as technologicly inferior.

6. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I support hybrid versions of luxury car like this Lexus and SUVs. It's just the jumbo SUVs, etc that give me a problem. Granted, they are going to drive a trophy vehicle, but I hope the day soon comes that something besides the Escalades and Hummers becomes cool.

Measuring by mpg makes fuel mizers look the best. If we did liters per 100 km, the largest vehicles's fuel savings would become the most apparent.

7. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Well,

You beat me to this one. I got sleepy last night and just let it stay in my computer and did not Post it. Getting Old here I guess.

Here's the article I was reading on this "Super-Hybrid" Link Below:

http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Lexus/review/2007-lexus-gs-450h-preview/1500/1

Anyway, very cool is my take on it. If I was still in sales and making some very serious monies, I would be a Player for sure on this Bad-Bad Boy. ;)

Terry

BTW, I think this is like the Ultimate Hybrid for the Famous & Rich. ;)
    ....... I'm like jealous.:)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  8. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

ya only for the rich, only if i win it though, i wouldn't sell it.

9. fileaudio

fileaudio heavy foot ultramegamiler

Well I thought the rich doesn't worry about gas prices but I know I can get 32mpg from that sexy lexy lexus..

What about you Wayne do you smash beat the epa on this?

10. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

Hi Fileaudio:

It had promise from the short lead in Vegas but when we had it for a week, it offered luxury and performance but FE, it lacked. The maximum 31 mph limitation for a glide ruined it imho. :(

The preview and drive write-ups are around here somewhere.

Wayne

11. fileaudio

fileaudio heavy foot ultramegamiler

so then here it comes the maybe so discused before sentense"" who the heck in this world that can buy a lexus worried once about FE" hehe I guess a more affordable or hybrid generally must be made for the non rich..... I know another phrase... Its not just for the money'' tnx for the respone wayne