Hybridfest! Madison Wisconsin – Saturday July 22, 2006

Discussion in 'Events and Gatherings' started by xcel, Feb 25, 2006.

1. xcel

xcel PZEV, there's nothing like it :) Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hi All:

___Hybridfest 2006 anyone? This will be the biggest Hybrid Event in the country with hybrid owners from Canada, both the East and West Coasts, the Midwest, and the Southern States attending. Feel free to visit or as a hybrid owner, participate! Volunteers are still welcome and if accommodations are needed, there are many of us from Northern IL., South Central, and Central WI. willing to open their homes if need be.

___Everything you could possibly want to know about Hybridfest can be found at either their home page at the following Hybridfest 2006 or via the 2006 Hybridfest Information pdf.

___Good Luck

___Wayne

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  2. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

It's too far in the future to commit to right now. I will keep it on my radar screen. I will have to get some time in the Prius to make sure I am at the top of my game. That will be so Wayne won't stomp me by 20 MPG if we have a contest.:D

By the way, my wife asked me yesterday to guess what her FE was. Well she didn't say it that way. She said "guess that the thingy says on my car". After we cleared up "which thingy", she said 44.9! Now that may not seem too good but a week ago I had to nurse it back up to 41 from 37. The fact that she got it up to 45ish is quite impressive. Evidently she started trying after I told her I was getting 50 in my 13 year old car. I guess tha reverse psychology is working.:D

3. tbaleno

tbaleno Well-Known Member

I hope you can make it. It will be fun for the whole family with the fair going on next door.

BTW:
    Tell your wife she beat someone you know in Chicago in his hybrid. That should build up her ego and make her want to do more ;)

4. xcel

Hi Dan:

___Just tell her you have to see the family here in Illinois and she is going to go along for the ride … If anything, maybe your wife and mine can stay back here in IL. and go shopping or something with the two or more of us heading up North for the festival given my wife doesn’t want any part of it :( Come to think about it, I don’t think I want my wife having any part of it either ;)

___A side note … My wife and I were pulling into an almost empty parking lot this morning and I stopped in the first parking spot vs. pulling through to the outside second spot. I was thinking no one will pull into the spot in front because the parking lot was empty but you never know? If someone would have, it would have caused me to pull out ICE-ON in R before driving off ICE-ON in D vs. simply coasting some distance forward with ICE-Off as I always do in a parking area with potential. My wife said why aren’t you pulling through to make sure you are parked in a clean Face-Out. God Bless her as she was actually looking out for the both of us :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne

5. tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker Platinum Contributor

Terry, Laughing;

My wife said why aren’t you pulling through to make sure you are parked in a clean Face-Out. God Bless her as she was actually looking out for the both of us :D

Now, excel I bet you feel bad, after that commet: :( Come to think about it, I don’t think I want my wife having any part of it either ;)

Wives; You gotta Love Them. :p

Terry

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  6. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

O.k. everyone, here's a more detailed post for your enjoyment.

We're on our way to reaching our goal of 100 cars, now all we need is you.

Feel free to ask questions and provide feedback. We 'd love to hear from you.

Madison, Wisconsin
    Saturday, July 22, 2006
    9 am – 5 pm
    Part of the Dane County Fair at the Alliant Energy Center

You are invited to join us for Midwest Hybridfest 2006 – A Hybrid Electric Car Show and More! For more information, or to register, visit www.hybridfest.com.

BE a part of the Midwest’s largest event dedicated to the hybrid electric car.

LEARN everything you wanted to know about hybrid cars and a whole lot more!

SEE which hybrid cars and SUVs are on the market and take them for a test drive.

MEET hybrid owners and “talk shop”.

Yes, Hybridfest is about hybrid cars, but it is also a place for discussion of important issues such as climate change, air quality, and the need for sustainable transportation. Car dealers, environmental groups, vendors and others will be on hand to make Hybridfest a memorable experience.

Your $25 registration fee per car includes:
    - Entry into the MPG competition
    - Access to indoor technical hybrid presentations
    - Hybrid car show entry
    - Awards
    - Discounted hotel rate
    - Free Hybridfest t-shirt
    - Free Hybridfest goodie bag
    - Special discounted price for Dane County Fair Tickets
    - Ice cream social for registrants who arrive Friday evening
    Register for Hybridfest by July 12th to gain access to all of these special activities and benefits available only to Registered Attendees.

As a registered attendee you can also purchase a Boxed Lunch ($6 per person), and join us for the Awards Dinner ($15 per person, 6pm-8pm) with Keynote Speaker: David Morris, Vice President of the Institute for Local Self Reliance

Our goal is to gather at least 100 hybrid cars on site to show that hybrid cars are everywhere and come in all shapes, sizes and colors. You can help us reach that goal, while having fun!

Speakers will share their thoughts on topics ranging from "hypermiling" techniques to hacking into your hybrid. These sessions are more technical than the outdoor sessions and only available to Registered Attendees.

Expect to see a few of the Prius “Marathon Men” there, as well as John1701a, Mike Dabrowski, and other hybrid notables. (see the Hybridfest web site for a detailed list of speakers.)

Additional Hybridfest activities that are open to the general public at no charge include interactive exhibits, test drives, talking to other owners, vendor booths and music.

View one-of-a-kind vehicles like:
    - The UW’s diesel hybrid electric Chevy Equinox (MOOlander)
    - A fully functional EV1
    - And maybe even a plug-in hybrid or two!

People from around the country are coming to Hybridfest so consider organizing your own “hybrid caravan” to the event. So far, states represented include West Virginia, Washington, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Minnesota, Illinois, Connecticut, Wisconsin and Michigan.

Whatever you do, do not miss Hybridfest!

For more information visit www.hybridfest.com

We would like to thank these generous sponsors for making Hybridfest possible:
    --- Zimbrick Honda of Madison --- Smart Toyota
    --- Gordie Boucher Lincoln Mercury --- General Motors
    --- Johnson Controls, Inc. ---Hybridcars.com
    --- Lexus of Madison --- Travelers Insurance
    --- Wisconsin Ford Dealers --- Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire
    --- International Crane Foundation --- Wisconsin Clean Cities
    --- 40mpg.org --- Gordie Boucher Lincoln Mercury
    --- hybricarstore.com --- Dark Side Ridez
    --- The Radio Doctor --- Community Car
    --- Four Lakes Group Sierra Club --- GreenStar Homes

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  7. tbaleno

WOW! Looks like a great idea. Sign me up! Oh wait... I am signed up! I new I had something fun planned for July

8. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

I am asking permission from the boss right now.:D

9. Sledge

Sledge I like owls with captions

I demand an opportunity to drive the EV1! :D

I'm most probably going to go, but I'm not going to drive the whole 8 hours. I'm would take the Lake Express ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee. Not cheap, but 8 hours behind the wheel isn't fun for me anymore.

10. krousdb

krousdb Defiant NX-74205

Woo Hoo! The wife says it's OK. The kids will be coming too and also my parents will also be driving up from Aurora. I guess I had better register. When is everyone planning on getting there?

11. tbaleno

Probably mid afternoon, early evening on friday.

12. tigerhonaker

Hi Eric,

Done offically, I'm in with the wife "Cathy".

Arrival; Friday if ? xcel "Wayne" will drive at a speed that will get us there before the (Sun-Sets). :)

Terry
    Btw, I wonder if I should have listed Wayne as being in my
    .......Immediate Party since he is the "Designative Driver" ? :confused:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  13. tbaleno

Bah. Make Wayne pay his own way ;) Hybridfest needs all the paying registrants it can get ;)

14. tigerhonaker

Most excellent Point: :D Although he may be "Broke" after Sebring-In-Florida. :eek:

Terry

15. ericbecky

ericbecky Member

Terry,
    Great to have you "officially" on board! We'll make sure things get worked out with Wayne.
    Hmmm..you better have Wayne leave early then. :)

16. tigerhonaker

Eric you could be right:

Quote by Eric "Hmmm..you better have Wayne leave early then."

Terry, Laughing :)

17. philmcneal

philmcneal Has it been 10 years? Wow

I'd join just for the competition... wondering how well I would do agaist the FE gods ;)

18. xcel

Hi Sledge and Dan:

___It is going to be great to meet up with both new and old friends alike this coming July. Can you imagine the road stories we are all going to share with one another while sitting around the same table? I cannot wait!

___Good Luck

___Wayne

19. psyshack

psyshack He who posts articles

I have it on my calander. Just have to see how work and funding works out. I very much want to day trip up from the chi-town fish show I want to attend that weekend.

Playing the waiting game as it stands now.

20. Sledge

Sledge I like owls with captions

Right now, I'm just waiting until next month before making any plans as all my paychecks this month are spoken for :p

According to the Lake Express website, round trip for a car and passenger is $225. Never been on a car ferry before. Should be fun :)

Of course, I'll be bringing the DSLR and will be taking some high quality pics that I will post here after I get back (and some minor Photoshopping) :cool:

I might even try my hand at the mileage contest. :p