new here - any other MINI Cooper S drivers ?

Discussion in 'Other Manufacturers' started by ViperRent, May 23, 2008.

1. ViperRent

ViperRent New Member

new here - any other MINI Cooper S drivers ?

2. atlaw4u

atlaw4u Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum. You may want to start with this article if you haven't already read through it.

Also, make sure your tires are aired up to the maximum pressure indicated on the tire’s sidewall.

3. MiniMa

MiniMa New Member

Hi - I just joined today after seeing a show about clean MPG. I have a 2007 red Mini Cooper S convertible. Need some encouragement to drive more efficiently. Since you have a Mini you know how much fun it is to drive and how easy it is to speed. At least that is my experience. Any tips we can share for getting better mileage will be appreciated.
    I keep my computer set to range so that when I fill up I can see how far I can go before I need gas again. It is usually calculated on miles around town so that when I hit the highway I get the big thrill of actually gaining range - because I am getting better mileage. I know that is a cheap thrill that many people experience but it makes me want to figure out how to use the other computer features to keep track of MPG.

4. msirach

msirach Well-Known Member

CleanMPG welcomes TWO Mini drivers! :Banane48:

5. Chuck

Chuck just the messenger

I did tell a Mini Cooper driver about us last week...

6. 98CRV

98CRV Well-Known Member

Welcome to both Mini Cooper drivers. I hope you guys are able to contribute to the mileage logs so that we can know what these cars are capable of.

7. paulgraz

paulgraz Member

Another new arrival here.

2 MINIs - 03 Cooper and 03 Cooper S.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  8. Vooch

Vooch Well-Known Member

welcome !

Mini is a fantastic car - safe and comfortable.

Please post your logs - I'd love to see the incredible MPG you all can pull - 50 ? 60 ? over the long haul

9. paulgraz

paulgraz Member

I've recorded every gallon of gas I've bought for my most of my cars, but it's only kept in a book in the car. I've been meaning to take that data and move it into excel, but never really have the time. I can tell you, for my daily driver, the 03 MCS, I've gotten as high as 34mpg highway. But my 71 Volvo can beat that by a little...

Keep in mind that the MINI Cooper S is really a small sports car. The base Cooper is the economy car. They could do much better on gas if they had better aerodynamics, but then they wouldn't look like a MINI...

(BTW, MINI owners in the northeast are welcome to check out NEMINI.org)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008